WINTER 2018 CO-ED VOLLEYBALL GENERAL INFORMATION
FORMAT: Indoor 6 versus 6 co-ed. Typically 3 men & 3 women on the court per team. If ball is hit more than once on a side, a female must be involved in the play. Rotate upon side-out. Minimum age 21 years old. 3 games to a match. Best two-out-of-three games wins.
GAME TIMES: Thursdays between 6:00pm and 11:00pm staring January 5th. Matches last approximately 45 minutes.
SEASON: 8-week regular season w/ single elimination play-offs.
PRIZES: Prizes for the winning team!
COURT LOCATION: Silver Spring International Middle School field house located at 313 Wayne Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910. The field house is located on the corner of Sligo Creek Parkway and Wayne Avenue.
FEE: $65 per player from 10/24 to11/3; $70 per player from 11/4 to 11/17; $75 per player from 11/18 to registration close on 12/1. If dryfit option is chosen, add an additional $10 per player.
FEE INCLUDES: Court equipment, referee, league tee shirt for each participant, $2 Miller Lite after the games and other food specials at the sponsor bar. Home team provides game ball. SSB does not provide refunds for any teams or players unless we cannot place you in a league or on a team.
BAR SPONSOR: TBD in Silver Spring
TWO DIVISIONS: "Miller" division for teams that prefer to be more competitive and “Lite” division for teams that prefer to be a little less competitive.
|Thursday, January 11 – Game 1||Thursday, February 15 – Game 6|
|Thursday, January 18 – Game 2||Thursday, February 22 – Game 7|
|Thursday, January 25 – Game 3||Thursday, March 1 – Game 8|
|Thursday, February 1 – Game 4||Thursday, March 8 – Game 1 Make-up or Snow date #1|
|Thursday, February 8 – Game 5||Thursday, March 15 – Playoff or Snow date #2|
All games scheduled between 6:00 and 11:00 pm.
Court Location Directions and Parking: Silver Spring International Middle School field house located at 313 Wayne Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910. The field house is located on the corner of Sligo Creek Parkway and Wayne Avenue.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Winter leagues are limited so sign-up yourself or your team before the league is filled!
Team Registration (Must have full team):
- To register as a team you will need a min. of 10 players (no max).
- Team Captain signs-up via our LeagueApps online registration system and identifies a team name
- Team Captain emails their players via our registration system and then players will join the newly formed team and pay for themselves.
- In order to take advantage of discounts, all players must register on or before all price increases.
- All players must register before our registration closes.
IMPORTANT - If a team captain chooses dryfit shirts, they must tell ALL their players to choose the dryfit option at the end of the registration.
Free Agent Registration (Signing up individually or with a few friends):
- You may sign-up online until our registration closes on 12/9.
- If you are signing up as a small group, please let us know who you would like to be teamed with via our LeagueApps online registration system.
- Free Agent players are those who don’t have a full team. You will be added to one of the following:
- Established teams that need additional players.
- New teams that are formed with other Free Agents.
League fees are non-refundable unless SSB is not able to place you on a team.
IMPORTANT - Free agents DO NOT have a a dryfit shirt option and should NOT choose dryfit at the end of registration.
(all players must register before this date NOT just the captain)
- Early Bird Registration (Before Nov 2nd: $65/person
- Regular Registration (Nov 3rd-Nov 20th): $70/person
- Late Registration (Nov 21th-Dec 9th): $75/person
Wednesday, January 3rd
Time: 7:00-9:00 pm for shirt pick up
7:00 -10:00 pm for happy hour
All SSB players are welcome to the season kick-off happy hour!! Food and drink specials at the sponsor bar! Held concurrently with the tee-shirt pick-up. Team captains can pick the shirts up and then meet up with their team afterward!
Only team captains or representatives can pick up the shirts.